Mission and Services
The Center is a programmatic collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and the Office of Educational Assessment (OEA) and works closely with all members of UD's teaching community in enriching the teaching, learning, and educational assessment process. CTAL serves as a clearing house on teaching and assessment practices, scholarship, and innovation in higher education. CTAL supports faculty, administrators, graduate students, and staff in their instructional activities and provides a range of services to ensure academic career success.
Our primary functions are to:
- Enhance the visibility and recognition for quality teaching and assessment resulting in significant student learning.
- Promote faculty reflective dialogues in a collegial, supportive, and inclusive environment.
- Support faculty and departments in the integration and assessment of University-wide General Education initiatives.
- Offer grant opportunities that further the University’s academic signature programs and strategic initiatives.
- Support the pedagogical and professional development of graduate students who contribute to the UD teaching mission.
- Consult with faculty and departments in designing curricula that directly reflect intended student learning outcomes.
- Document educational effectiveness through the collection of assessment data.